Are you passionate about Java Development? If yes, then this job is for you! You will become part of our client’s dynamic team who is responsible for analysis, design, development and testing of new functionality for their iNSight product as well as various stand-alone Portals. You will help to enhance and scale their Ecommerce, Business Assurance, Information Management and Business System platforms as well as the associated software services and tools to accelerate the growth of this business.
Our client’s product consists of cutting edge technologies with specific emphasis and the telecommunications and mobile financial services industry across Africa. They are one of the leaders in Payment Processing and Data Processing providers on the continent.
Ideal Human Match
We are looking for a IT related degree holder who is passionate about Java and REACT Development and keen to learn further for one of our clients. What we are looking for in our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and self-managed IT guru who is a great teamplayer and who is also capable to independently and who has the ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a
balanced and logical approach. The ideal candidate must possess good interpersonal skills, verbal communication and must be able to communicate clearly while always maintaining professionalism and be attentive to detail. As part of your responsibilities, you must be:
• Able to use initiative and take ownership
• Able to write clear and concise documents
• Report on progress and raise issues / problems if and when necessary.
As an ideal candidate, you should possess the following competencies, qualifications and experience:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins or Hudson.
- Be familiar with java build and dependency management tools such as Maven and Ant.
- Knowledge of GIT or similar source repository management tool (BitBucket).
- Knowledge of Java IDEs, such as Eclipse.
- Be able to interpret technical and business specifications.
- SQL and/or Database Skills
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Abilities to document a solution
- Internal & External Communication in English
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant IT Degree or Diploma
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience
- Java SDLC (develop, debug, test, package, publish, deploy) experience.
- Java (or similar object-oriented programming language)
- Experience with at least one or more of the following database systems:
- The following would be an added advantage towards your application:
o Oracle knowledge/ experience
o General Unix/Linux experience
o Exposure to/understanding of GSM technologies.
o Oracle Java certification
o Knowledge of Spring Technologies and JPA/Hibernate.
As a successful candidate, your main responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to End-to-End Solution Design and Scope of Work
- Assist the Business Analysts with Design Mock-ups based on Client Requirements and Solution Design.
- Development of highly-available distributed systems as part of a bigger team.
- Active participation in the SDLC process of existing and new applications and features.
- Performing functional testing.
- Writing unit tests.
- 1st and 2nd line Support of production system which will require stand-by on a rotation basis – only when enough experience has been gained.
- Configuration, Testing and Deployment of Projects based on Scope of Work and in line with Project Plans